A versatile Business Process and Systems Improvement professional with a broad track record helping organizations build internal efficiencies that generate higher productivity and more effective service capability. PMP-certified, leads projects focused on schedule and budget overages, saving resources and integrating change. Well-versed in the Professional Services and High Tech sectors, competencies readily transferrable to any complex and highly client-centered environment.
A skilled communicator, planner and organizer of people and processes – absolutely dedicated to high quality deliverables and stakeholder satisfaction at every level. A leader, mentor and trainer.
Very active in social and community activities. Inspires trust and respect with tireless dedication to excellence.
A well rounded and versatile person makes for a valuable employee.
AREAS OF DEMONSTRATED EXPERTISE
- Project Management
- Business Training
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Event Management
- Training Development,Design & Delivery
- Equip. Ops & Maintenance
- Business Processes
- Asset Management
- Active Directory User Mgmt
- Office Health & Safety
- A/V/VC Troubleshooting
- Office Management
- Budgeting & Administration
- Community Affairs
- Led Municipal Election campaign as candidate for office. Attracted team of 30+ volunteers and $10K+ in donations. Planned strategy and oversaw the overall execution. Placed 2nd of 7 candidates.
- Managed project that upgraded worldwide cost collection system, allowing for better integration to billing system and streamlined administration. 25+ Team members worldwide; $200K budget.
- Personally developed an FAQ System for a software company which standardized responses to customer issues and increased the efficiency of the help desk department.
- Developed Inventory/Asset Management System - providing tighter controls of computer and wireless equipment, disposal of obsolete equipment, office efficiency and stop loss.
- Created processes that simplified the bulk user setup operations during a transition to a Cisco VoIP system which were implemented during the worldwide rollout.
- Managed the Toronto portion of the worldwide upgrade of the office-wide Microsoft Office Suite which reduced impact on users and allowed the process to come in on time and on budget.
- Contributed to the creation of several Health & Safety and Disaster Recovery plans, increasing worker and data safety.
- Maintained all office equipment on an ongoing basis including service and maintenance contractors, budgets, contract renewals and periodic contract reviews.
- Managed the team that handled the transportation needs of an international leadership meeting held in Toronto. 25+ volunteer team members; $10K budget.
- Served on the team that developed and delivered experiential weekend seminars. During my tenure as leader, team consisted on 30+ volunteers and $7k budget. I now mentor the current leaders of this seminar.
- Operate an ongoing Mobile DJ Service for over 25 years where I deal with suppliers, hall operators, event principals (brides, grooms, parents, planners, etc.) to establish and maintain need, schedules, budgets, and provide appropriate and effective entertainment for guests.
OTHER USEFUL SKILLS
- PMP (Project Management) certified since 2007 with an emphasis on team leadership and IT projects.
- Customer & user focused
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office – 30 years of experience in the IT application support and system administration, most recently for a Toronto law firm.
- Managed and maintained all forms of office, professional sound, home computing and office equipment including user support and repair contract maintenance.
- Experienced, multi-faceted customer service specialist.
- Led projects and teams for international convention, weekend seminars, meetings and training workshops of a volunteer community-service organization.
- Trained and experienced leader, mentor and trainer.
- Life Long Learner
- Professional outlook with a strong and loyal work ethic.
- Valid Class G driver's licence with a clean record.