A well rounded person with varied experiences and positions. Loyalty, versatility and a willingness to learn and do what it takes to serve the customers and stakeholders are the hallmarks of my employment experience.
Shearman & Sterling LLP 2001 – 2011
A worldwide law firm with office in 20 countries. The Toronto office has 12-20 lawyers and 8-12 other staff.
Toronto Technical Lead, Project Manager and System Administrator
Responsible for all technical services and front line technical customer support, acting as SME and contact point for worldwide technical projects impacting Toronto office.
- Maintained office equipment including servers, personal computers, Blackberries, printers and performed user administration on most systems.
- Liaised with head office in New York to coordinate services and information flow.
- Worked face to face with the local user population to manage equipment and software issues, solve problems and maintain an environment of productivity.
- Maintained relationships with all vendors, service firms and suppliers.
- Managed department budgets and expenses.
- Worked with local office manager and New York department manager on special assignments.
- Reorganized suppliers and maintenance contracts saving the firm over $1K/month in 2009 alone.
- Contributed to the successful ongoing organization of the PMO.
- Led successful upgrade projects using resources and personnel from worldwide offices, including:
- Client Management and Help Desk systems (Altiris - $500K budget)
- Asset Management system (Track It - $200K budget)
- Cost Collection hardware and software (Equitrac - $150K budget)
3COM Canada/LANSource Technologies Inc. 1997 – 2001
A small firm that developed, produced and sold LAN/Server based fax and modem sharing solutions.
Technical Support Engineer Level 3
- Provided technical assistance to outside users, other technicians and internal testing department with our software product – an enterprise/server based fax software package developed in house.
- Developed and deployed an FAQ system for internal use to streamline the information that junior techs were offering to clients and to keep internal stakeholders up-to-date.
- Trained new hires.
- Tested various hardware configurations; most notably, the 3COM EdgeServer for optimum use with our product.
- Served as Supervisor when our team supervisor was away from the office.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
APAC/NCO Group (for Enercare) 2015 – Present
Brantford, Ontario office of a global customer service organization serving customer companies with phone centres and CRS facilities.
Customer service representative (level 1 HVAC and Rental Hot Water Heater Specialist)
Responsible for responding to incoming phone calls from customers seeking assistance with HVAC equipment (furnace/air conditioner/water heater). Specific duties include:
- Receiving inbound calls in a call centre environment.
- Verifying the identity and location of callers.
- Logging call details including booking service calls for equipment repairs
- Upselling plans covering above equipment.
- Arranging new water heater sales & installations including billing adjustments where necessary.
- Other duties and training as assigned.
Easyhome Canada 2014 – 2015
Brantford, Ontario location of a North America wide rent to own furniture, electronic and appliance enterprise.
Delivery, Leasing and Phone Marketing Specialist
Responsible for assisting customers with their choices in purchasing rent to own items, completing applicable forms, checking references and finalizing sales as well as:
- Delivering items to customers’ home, assembling and instructing customers in the use, care and maintenance of their purchases.
- Regular maintenance, including arranging for necessary repairs with mechanic, of store vehicles
- Making repairs, as experience allows, to items that have become damaged.
- Helping to maintain inventory reports
- Daily bank deposits
- Direct marketing calls to existing customers informing them of specials and other offers.
- Collection activities including home visits to collect outstanding accounts.
- Maintenance of computer inventory including software update and security software installation
- Other sales, marketing and delivery duties as assigned.
Kelly Services 2013 – 2014
Brantford, Ontario location of a North America temporary staffing company.
Marketing Display Assembly and Manufacturing Line Assignments
(Ferrero, Western Waffles, Rawlings, Pintys, etc.)
Responsible for completing assigned tasks for customer companies on an ongoing basis including:
- Assembling display materials and teaching others how to do the same
- Working at various stations on manufacturing lines.
- Completing and submitting weekly paperwork
- Other duties as assigned.
learn 42 Enterprises 2011 – 2013
Performed various contract services. Spoke publicly and for organizations on several topics. Designed and delivered business and personal development training.
Trainer/Training Development/ Public Speaker/Project Consultant
Responsible for planning, developing & delivering training programs for small businesses.
- Planned from scratch, developed and executed an in-depth food and customer service manual for a New York catering firm designed for use at the annual outdoor Jazz Age fundraising event.
- Developed, managed and lead virtual training targeted to leaders throughout North America based on leading and managing event teams.
- Developed a workshop on Customer Experience for paid learners and created and delivered a free introduction event to promote it.
- Helped to deliver one-day & two-day leadership training workshops.
- Spoke publicly to diverse audiences on topics including self-motivation, customer awareness and being proactive.
- Performed, as a MC and disc jockey, at several wide-ranging events including:
- Weddings, private parties and corporate and charity events
- TTC Stuff-A-Bus campaign in support of the Canadian Centre For Abuse Awareness.
- Christmas celebration for Pape Adolescent Resource Centre
- Motivation Mondays open mic night for motivational speakers
I have a long volunteering history for many organizations and capacities including:
Helping out annually with the TTC Stuff The Bus campaign.
- Working with the organizers, sponsors and the team at Q107 to provide onsite music
- Assisting with promotion and marketing
- Any other duties as necessary to make the campaign a success
Running as a Candidate for Toronto City Council 2010.
- Came 2nd of 7 candidates.
- Raised $13,000
- Attracted and managed a team of over 35 volunteers from the local community.
Acting as a Volunteer Trainer, Lead workshops covering
- Team Leadership
- Life Skills, Purpose and Planning
- Managing Volunteer Teams
- Experiential Weekend Workshop
Serving as a Leader in a North America wide volunteer training organization
- Team, Area and International Leader and member of the Ontario Regional and International leadership teams for a North America based organization.
- Regional and International Event and Fundraising Manager
- Production Team Leader for an International Convention in Las Vegas. 200+ in attendance. 50+ presenters and workshops
Other Volunteer Work
- Volunteer at 2014 Canada Day Celebrations in Brantford
- Marcher in the Toronto Santa Claus Parade for several years